Monday, August 13, 2012

Teaching

Third post! Woohoo! I guess I can talk about my day? Well I guess a highlight of my day.
I volunteer at a nursing home over the summer and this week is my last. So I volunteered myself to teach one of the residents how to use a computer and "surf the Internet." It went pretty well I would say. She really enjoyed it. I made her an email address, a facebook, a blogger and a StumbleUpon account of course! She posted her first post called "Learning Experience" she only wrote a sentence or two cause it's pretty hard for her to type since I think she has Parkinson's, which is pretty sad. She kept getting frustrated because she couldn't click on a link or because she kept holding on to the keys while writing her password and having to start all over again. But like she said in her post, she just needs practice.
Today I also taught my three year old sister how to use a laptop. At first she thought you used it the same as an iPad which was pretty funny, but I then showed her that she needs to use the pad. And to be honest she was better than the lady... She really got the hang of it pretty fast, my sister that is.
I'm still not sure if this is what a blog is supposed to be like but whatever haha

No comments:

Post a Comment